In this guide, I will explain how to do custom domain email setup in the Gmail or Hotmail/Outlook platform. This is a very straightforward way to take advantage of the robust options and features of these well known clients. After completing this setup, you will be able to receive, reply and write emails using your custom domain after login into Gmail/Hotmail.
1. Login to your hotmail/outlook account
2. Go to `Options`. This menu should be visible once you click on the gear icon located in the top right corner beside your profile picture.
3. On the left hand side Menu, click on
Connected Accounts under
4. Click on
Other email accounts
5. Enter your @clan-hispania.com email or any custom email accounr you want to setup. You can setup a new Name for this account as well. Note: if the name is not changed, then the same name associated with the main Hotmail/Outlook account will be used in this new email setup.
6. Click on
Next and wait for verification.
7. Make sure the second option is selected so that the new e-mails received are saved on your inbox and not on different folders. Note: You can choose what you prefer here. Click
8. You are done!
1. Log into your Gmail account
2. Go to
3. Go to the
4. Go to
Send email as and click
Add another email address you own.
5. A pop-up window will be opened. Enter you name and @clan-hispania.com/custom domain email.
Note: Again change the name if required because if no Name is specified, the same information as your Gmail account will be used.
6. Click on
7. Fill in the information below, use the
SMTP Server: mail.clan-hispania.com
8. Da click en ‘Add Account’
9. The verification window will tell you that a verification email has been sent. Wait a couple of minutes and you should get this verification email on your Gmail(it was actually sent to your custom domain email, but gmail should pick it up. If this doesn’t happened, you could login to your custom email client and check as well). Once you get the verification email, enter the verification code included in the email in this window.
10. When you reach this point, go back to
Check mail from other accounts (POP3) click on
Add a POP3 mail account you own.
12. Enter you @clan-hispania.com/custom domain email and click
13. Fill in the same information as
14. Opcional: Click on
Label incoming messages , this will create a filter for those emails.
15. Click on
16. When you are done, you should see the @clan-hispania.com/custom-domain email under both options we just changed:
Send email as and
Check email from other accounts(using POP3)
17. Thats it!
After this configuration, all emails sent to your “<id>@clan-hispania.com”/custom-domain email will be received in the email client you have configured. You will be able to read, reply and write emails using that new email address, you will only need to select the desired email account from the dropdown menu in
NOTE: This process works for setting up any custom domain email address for Gmail & Hotmail client. Please share if you found it useful!
For more guides checkout this
For videos and support, take a look at our Gallery!